Ways of Accessing the Contents of IBM Cognos Analytics
- My Content – sliding pane with consumer’s personal content
- My Inbox
- My Home – consumer’s start page, can be set to any page to which the consumer has permission
- Team Content – public (team’s) content
- Search – lightweight and scalable search engine searching for content within the portal
- Recent – shows last 20 items the consumer has accessed. (no data modules)
“Drill-through Definition” is one of the amazing features of Cognos Analytics.
Drill-through definition is used for navigating to a target report from a source report. The drill-through definition passes a value from a source report to a target report. Drill-through definitions can be for a package or from a report.
Drill-through definitions are applied to packages, which means that you can navigate from a source report created using a package, to a target report that uses the same package.
Report Run Options
The following Options are available to be specified while a report is run :
- Delivery methods such as saving as a report view, emailing the report output or sending the report to mobile devices
- Which Language to be used within the report
- Schedule to run the report
- Whether the report is to be run in the background or not
- Accessibility support
- Report output format (excel, excel data, pdf, html, csv)